go: annette lake

016 017 032 037 038 039 044 046 049 050 057 067

Okay, this hike was Friday July 19th - 4 days before Josh turned 17. That party I mentioned was for him not a small family affair so this hike was to celebrate. How lucky for me - a hike with my son. Seriously.

He picked this one. He likes hiking to lakes. I like elevation. Regardless, it was a 7.5 mile hike and it was just right. Well, except for the bugs that hung out lake side. I could have done without them. However I did put my feet in that alpine lake.  It was cold but yet also so refreshing.  This is coming from the one that slowly eases herself into any body water. I do not dive in by any stretch of the means.  One more thing that I don't want to forget... there was magic in these trees. I could have looked at them forever. I can't quite explain it.  and it can't be captured.

Joys come from simple and natural things, mists over meadows, sunlight on leaves,
 the path of the moon over water.
  Even rain and wind and stormy clouds bring joy, just as knowing animals and flowers and where they live.  Such things are where you find them, and belong to the aware and alive."

Sigurd F. Olson

Comments

  1. Gorgeous pictures!! Such a beautiful hike..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viewing these pictures was such a treat. I loved them. They're beautiful. I really need to go hiking more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are breathtaking Denise! You live in such a gorgeous area!!

    Happy birthday to your son! Love his pick of hiking sites. LOVE seeing Brooklyn too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice as the kids get older they don't mind being with us again? Luckily we're only embarassing for a short time..;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gift! For you and for him. Time spent with growing-up sons is to be treasured, that's for sure. Love this post and all that is said and unsaid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a beautiful quote. I can relate so fully to that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts