joy and peace (10) The christmas tree edition

DSC_9183.jpg DSC_9186.jpg DSC_9189.jpg DSC_9191.jpg DSC_9188.jpg DSC_9190.jpg DSC_9192.jpg DSC_9193.jpg DSC_9194.jpg DSC_9196.jpg DSC_9197.jpg

We actually got our tree last weekend. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot of the nursery Josh announced that my mom and dad were there too which was totally unplanned. When the kids were younger we did the whole tractor ride cut your own Christmas tree thing. We've been going now to the nursery for several years because it is convenient and mainly because I like supporting this local family run business. It's a wonder really that we all were able to go together with the schedules we keep. I remember last year we took Josh's first car. We all piled in and the tree went on top for the ride home. I'm pretty sure Brooklyn didn't go as that would have been a tight fit. We had a baked potato bar this year after we got back. I'm trying to capture all these little things while they are fresh in my mind. I cooked one sweet potato for me and it was really tasty - I remember that!

This Sunday evening it's just Tori and me around here. We've spent the weekend together actually with my husband on travel, Tallie away with a friend and Josh either at work or with friends. We enjoy or at least I enjoy our time together. My to-do list for today is almost complete. The last box to check off is to spend some time knitting.

Comments

  1. How pretty and picturesque! And how funny to run into your parents there!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts