go: that afternoon hike!


I did it, I finally went for an after work afternoon hike! I've been meaning to do this for months. Today I really just needed a change of scenery and to keep it really real, some Friday afternoons are hard. Hard in the sense that I'm single now...while my single life looks a lot like my married life used to look, it's just different. I can't explain it but the feeling is real and thankfully often short lived. Please no worries, I'm happier than I've been in years. I'm on my own, I get to do what I please. Anyways, I was beyond so glad that I went for the hike.  We've been drowning in rain lately and the sunshine felt so good on my face. 


This hike, I've done a million times. It's not every time though that the conditions are just right for the paragliders to be at the top. I sat and watched a few of them prepare for flight when all of a sudden this guy just walked to the edge and took off. I watched him truly just float through the air. It really looked so peaceful but I'm not sure doing something like this is for me. I've never had the desire to sky dive or go to Vegas for that matter. 


So, it's been awhile since I've been in this space. It was actually deleted a time or two to be perfectly honest. What they say is true, divorce is hard. I'm better off now but the process is not a good time. It takes times to heal. I'm comfortable sharing now that I am in a better place. I still am not shouting from the roof tops that I am divorced. It does carry some stigma for me for sure.  Every day I wake up though feeling so grateful for my little life. I have three kids, two dogs and a whole lot of hope.  

Comments

  1. What a lovely place. I'm glad you are doing better. It must be hard. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect place for a hike. Sunshine is so good for my soul. I'm on a similar journey in my life, it will be 2 years at the beginning of August. Like you, I'm happier than I've been in many years but the road can be a difficult one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment - it means a lot!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts