make:
I made this cake last Friday. No one knew it came from a box. I added apples. For the record, it was really good. Feeling confident I made an apple pie on Sunday. The pie ended up in the compost bin. I told the husband that I am just not a pie maker. Like either you are or you are not. I am completely okay being in the second category.
It hit me again on Tuesday. I can't make a warm breakfast, pack all the lunches, get myself ready and walk/run on the trail on the days that I work. I get up at 5:00 for a little quiet time as it is. By the time I get to work I have been up for 4 1/2 hours and I still have a long day ahead of me. So on Wednesday morning - I didn't go to the trail. I walked the neighborhood instead for less time and wouldn't you know it - I was less stressed heading out the door. I even managed to stop for a latte which made for nice commute.
The kids could make their own lunch and they do help. They could eat cold cereal for breakfast every morning (which they still do some mornings) but nothing says love to me more than feeding my family. Sometimes that includes even taking them out.
Little Miss Tallie has had a very busy week. Tonight I am going to make one of her favorites - honey chicken sandwiches with apple coleslaw.

1. You take really good photos, like really good. That. Looks like a photo from a cook book.
ReplyDelete2. I cant bake pies either
3. What is it about cooking that allows us to show people we love them? I love baking or cooking and sharing it with family or friends. It feels so good to see them enjoy food that we made for them.
4. When are you gonna invite me over for dinner? :)!
you are welcome any time...
Deleteas long as you don't mind watching a soccer game before or after :)
i like this post. :) no, we can't do everything. and why should we? i love that you love feeding your family - there is nothing more loving than that! you are a-ok in my book, girl...
ReplyDeletei agree about feeding your family says love! i've always told my girls that anything homemade is better than store bought because i add the special ingredient - - love :)
ReplyDeletei used to never bake pies until a friend gave me her recipe for a pie crust that you mix up in the pie plate. totally changed my life in the kitchen. of course, it requires a crumb topping but it still tastes fabulous!