go:

what happens when you talk to strangers

I walk my neighborhood a lot. I've ran the trail more than that and lately I've been driving to and fro between a certain soccer field so much I can do it with my eyes closed. So come last Sunday I told the family that I would not be coming home after dropping the eldest girl. I leashed up Brooklyn and we set out on foot for two hours while she was practicing. 

We started down a normal looking road. It leads to a new development. The type with the fancy schmancy houses and zero backyards. Bleh. I took a right at the entrance and before I knew it I found a hiking trail. We hiked the trail as far as it would go. I didn't see anyone else. A few times I was startled by little critters and questioned by ability to hike the PCT alone. Cheryl encountered bears, coyotes, a fox and my least favorite rattlesnakes. Needless to say a bird freaked me out. 

Once we did the hike we found ourselves on the road again. I turned left on another road that said dead end.  I knew a lake was somewhere along that road and was wanting to get closer to it. Interestingly enough, the lake is called Lake Desire. 

Along that road I came across a nice man taking out his garbage. I asked him if there was a public park along the lake. We got to talking. He noticed that by the jacket I was wearing where I worked.  He retired from there last year. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was getting a tour of his yard. 

I could not believe my eyes when I saw his green house. I may have even drooled. Isn't it incredible? He grows everything by seed in there. There is electricity and the side panels open and close. I asked his permission to take the picture. He offered me his business card if we ever had questions if we were to build one ourselves. 

We made our way to the lake. I needed to make my way back to the field. On the way out he gave me two lobelia starts and a jade plant his wife was wanting to get rid of.

That little visit was the most pleasant part of my weekend.  

Comments

  1. Ohhh...this is heavenly. I would LOVE to have a little greenhouse just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day. I love that little shed! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little greenhouse! I usually feel shy around strangers, but my husband is very friendly, so I've met some lovely people in a similar way that you did, all because of him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts