go: (with teenagers)

 











I'm blogging at a snails pace right now. It's okay. Life is what it is. I'm getting a little relief in the driving around girls category. Josh is fully licensed and behind the wheel now. He drove to Seattle last Saturday. I honestly was not that worried instead I prayed just as he left and once again when I knew he was on his way back home. He drove the majority of this captured camping trip and for six months prior to that - and well, he did pass his test. It's actually quite nice having him drive.

So our camping trip.  Let me see if I can remember.  Oh yeah...it was a really good time.  My husband stayed behind to repair the floor of the chicken coop (much needed). We headed out Friday afternoon and returned Sunday.  We went without a single reservation and somewhat of a plan.  What a fun way to travel actually. We also left with minimal camping equipment - not an understatement.  I forgot cups.  We had one cup and one water bottle. You know what though, it was fine. (We got a few paper ones from the convenience store for the second nights hot cocoa).

I mentioned on instagram that I slept in my van. Yep, I did and it wasn't too bad. The three of them were in the tent. I guess the first night they stayed up pretty late telling stories. I should mention that at home they are not exactly "close" if you know what I mean. The second night we were all a bit worn out and went to sleep right away.

We took all of our own food. Those are organic hot dogs by the way and Annie's Mac and Cheese. We really didn't spend beyond the campground fees, food and gas. Nature was our entertainment.

I may have reconnected with camping again because of this trip. When the kids were younger we went all the time.  After a while though, it was too much like work and I decided I had had my fill. This was so much easier with so much less stuff. I actually envision more camping in our future. I even had thoughts of taking grand kids some day.  Like maybe one of those Westfalia's isn't such a bad idea.

Comments

  1. That's awesome. I always love camping once we get there. The beginning and end are so much work. What a great way to connect with teenagers. Remember Thomas Guides? Now we just use Google Maps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we actually used that thomas guide the whole trip!

      Delete
  2. Love it! We want to go camping soon, but of course it's too hot right now and not nearly as beautiful as where you live.
    Glad y'all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are wonderful. My husband and I have been looking at R.V's after our last camping trip. I used to say, never. Funny, how things change over time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through the contributor list at Whole Food Kitchen. I have to comment here because I love camping and we make our teen-agers come camping with us several times a summer. At this age, they 'pretend' they don't like it but secretly I know they're really happy when they've got nothing but nature around them. And we all get to be together, close in ways that just don't happen at home. It makes this mama so happy!

    I really want to get to Olympic National Forest someday. It looks gorgeous. We drove from our home in Minnesota this summer to Glacier Park, and that's the furthest West I've camped. I want to go back!

    I'm looking forward to your contributions in the cooking class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lisa -
      you will really enjoy the WFK Workshop. Heather does fantastic work!
      The Olympic National Forest gorgeous - I hope you find your way here soon.

      Take good care-
      Denise

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts