make and be: hair, makeup and beauty
I have become a little bit more attentive to how I look and dress now that I am back in the work force full time. While I work in the fitness center, those around me in the building dress quite nice. Sometimes I wish I were them. I'm pretty lucky though because I get opportunities to dress up like when I give presentations yet otherwise I get to dress casual. I'm really quite low maintenance and I do have to be at work at 5:00am so the easier the routine the better.
I came across these questions though on this blog and I thought they were worth answering. So, here I go:
What hair style has been most flattering and comfortable for you? How did it make you feel about yourself? Did it invoke any of the words you came up with in our core style exercise?
- The bob above my shoulders is most flattering. I try growing it out until it drives me crazy. I'm short. Long hair pulls me down although my girls both have very long hair and it is very flattering on them. I like the lightness I feel with less hair and honestly, when it was longer - I didn't like "feeling" it on my neck. I know, sensitive.
- I like minimal make-up although I like make-up. I did more make-up the night of my husbands birthday party and washed it all off and went back to my minimal look. I like seeing well-done makeup on others but never really want that same look for myself.
- I think my hair and make-up absolutely reflect who I am - simple, natural and for the most part - easy going.
- I like only the essentials. I see no need for tons of make-up sitting in drawers. I am not okay with bathroom clutter...at all.
I buy natural products. I really like Orgins make-up. Yes, I know it is more expensive but I just don't like the feel of drugstore products on my face. I recently have started using Accure skin care products and love them. I buy them on Amazon!
What colors feel best near your face? How do they relate to the color palette you created?
- I stick to neutrals. I may wear a brighter lip color once in a while just to surprise people.
- You will never find blue eye shadow on me and frosty sparkly eye shadows for that matter.
- Start to finish - not much more than 30 minutes.
- No perfumes, they give me a headache :)

Comments
Post a Comment