joy and peace (11) the welcoming winter edition

DSC_9208.jpg DSC_9205.jpg

Growing up in Michigan I have so many fond memories of winter. Snow seems to be the common theme of those memories and there may have been lots of ice skating too. I skated on the pond out in the pasture along with the cows and horses. I skated so much that my mom finally asked if I wanted lessons. Those lessons 45 minutes away every Saturday morning - there may have been a Dorothy Hamill haircut too.

Winter in Seattle is so much different - a snow storm here is highly unlikely at least one the lasts a couple of days. We've had a few and I love them. If it is real bad - everything shuts down and I love that even more.
I don't tolerate cold very well anymore. The cool crisp days we have a few weeks ago were wonderful as long as I was completely bundled up.

I suppose I welcome the slow return of light. The days though have been going by so quickly as of late that I didn't really seem to notice the dark so much. Even though we don't necessarily celebrate the solstice, they are definitely somethings I could stand to release. I think I will journal those on paper tonight before I go to sleep.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts