2015 garden






I would not go so far as to call this summer's garden a bust but perhaps lackluster. In comparison to previous years, especially last year, I just did not have the fullness this year. There has been peas, cucumbers, tomatoes and kale. Most of the lettuce I've grown has been given to the chickens. There has been tomatoes as a result of the intense heat which is about the only blessing of it in my opinion. The heat this summer left the dirt dry and lawns burnt. Watering was at a minimal amount for fear of drought - not kidding.

I still really enjoy gardening and taking care of my yard. I'm pleased with what I have been able to keep up and the produce I've grown. That said though, I've started my organic delivery again! I'm very passionate about supporting businesses like this. Yes, it is more than the local grocery store. Yesterday's order seemed a little small even though I receive the family size box however, nothing came packaged and everything will be consumed for sure. I'm pretty particular about that!

As we move into fall, I'm hoping for more rain and to see more green out there. Either that, or this is the new norm and I'll need to adapt. By the way, the tomatoes in the second to last picture have started to turn red - these might be the biggest tomatoes I've ever grown!

Comments

  1. I am pleased to see you back in this space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased to see you back in this space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Pam - so good to hear from you! Any chance you might start blogging again? I always loved your style of blogging and book recommendations too!

      take care,
      Denise

      Delete
  3. I am happy you are here too :) and you know I am all about organic delivery! Your garden pics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts