what I want to remember
This photo from last weekend. The pink sun light and look, a sweat shirt - big comfy one at that! Coffee, always coffee. I can't imagine mornings without it. I gave up chocolate a few months back but coffee will always be a part of my life.
I want to remember the quiet and calm in my home after busy weeks at work. I want to remember that Tori said this summer went by so fast. Her being home the most, I was glad she didn't say say it was the worst. It hasn't been our typical summer around here.
I want to remember the table that I had out for donation is now at the front entry covered in plants. When I see it, it reminds me of my mom. My norm is to always back into my driveway but the times that I don't I enjoy seeing it there. I think I will change it up with the seasons. Mums in the fall and and bulbs in the spring. I'm thinking about what will look good for the winter months.
I want to remember how I noticed the light change this week and how I felt the pull of wanting to spend more time inside reading, knitting and sewing. I want to remember that I had cash in my purse all week, and I didn't spend it. Not a single afternoon coffee stop or mindless purchase.
I want to remember that Josh cleaned his room finally. He always does things on his own time and that Tori made the JV soccer team. I want to remember that Tallie is so excited for her upcoming school year and all the friends she has made through out her high school.
I want to remember eating my own tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini and the walk I went on with a friend yesterday afternoon. Finally, the sound and smell of rain on a dark Saturday morning and how much I am enjoying both.

I love that you can 'remember' these on the blog...I joke about the kids driving me crazy, but there are really so many good things about this summer I've loved. I love how you capture your memories so beautifully!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely.. Thinking of you ..
ReplyDeleteThey are all growing up so fast--it's good to remember. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post Denise. It's so important to take time to remember the little details of life. I'm so glad to meet you, I just read your comment on my post and I so appreciate your kind words. So you're a yoga instructor too? I would love to hear your story!
ReplyDeletexo
Leslie aka Gwen Moss
Lovely photos!
ReplyDelete