Let's Talk Over a Strong Cup of Coffee
Here I am. I honestly do not know where to begin except I no that I know deep down I don’t need to explain. Life has changed. I am not who I was once. I’ve grown up. I’ve had too. I’ve been quickly replaced. What I asked for over and over again, is now someone else’s gain. It hurts a little bit if I think about it for too long. So, I don’t and just keep moving along.
I’ve traveled twice now alone. I’ve been to cities despite the fact I grew up in the country and live in the suburbs. I liked the city and it’s energy. I enjoyed Starbucks every morning watching the train go by. I familiarized quickly. I wandered. I felt very alone at times. I wasn’t though, there were people around. That feeling was just in my head. My travels changed me. I know now what I am capable of. Stepping off an airplane in a new city, it does something to you. You have to tell yourself that you’ve got this and you’ll get there. You take a deep breath and move forward.
I’m not sure. Really, I just take one day at a time now. My life no longer looks like the All American family (or maybe it does actually). Most days I’m quite happy, some I’m rather melancholy and others I’m beyond overwhelmed. The only thing i know for sure is that I do not want to create an online dating profile.
It’s finally light and I can now go for my morning run. I don’t want to drag this post on too long. No promises on how often I’ll show up here. I like to write and perhaps with words I can be most creative and authentic.

No. You dont have to explain. Two sentances in that post say it all. You are strong, brave, but yet fragile. Please know I am thinking of you, sending love and strength. The coffe is on..and always ready..
ReplyDeleteI AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE BACK!!! Denise (HUGS), as you might already know (or at least I hope you do) I really enjoy your blog and what you share. Your post explains the sadness that I felt in some of your past posts and now I know. I am sorry to hear this, but pray you are on the healing side of life. I always sensed a strong gal here writing her blog posts. Any how, please know that I am reading and enjoying this new journey you are on :-) You are an inspiration...Peggy@thesimplewoman
ReplyDeletepeggy, thank you!
ReplyDelete