Not to Change the Subject


I am about to admit something big. I like style. Not just any style though, I'm drawn to the French way of dressing. I like a classic look with lots of black, navy blue and grey. I like looking nice.

I live in an area where it is not uncommon to wear pajamas to the grocery store. I think that is terrible. I've been reading a lot of books on the French way of living. My biggest takeaway is that French women dress for the day. I used to easily hangout in my yoga pants post run on the weekends.  Now even if I plan to stay home, I shower, do make up and dress as if I am going out. It makes me feel so much better.

I also used to rush through getting ready. Some of that is my early morning work hours, just give me my coffee! Now, (and not just because I'm now single) I'm slowing down and enjoying the process. Don't get me wrong, I don't wear a lot of make-up nor fuss over my hair but I do care.

The shoes were in the back of my closet. I had forgot about them. I bought them for an event a year or so ago.  I'll need to practice walking in them again and I still may not ever wear them to work but I think they need to get out even to the grocery store.

For the record, I'm real particular in what I wear. Lately I have been buying clothes from either H&M or J.Crew online. Today, I scheduled a Stitch Fix shipment as an early Christmas present to myself. I was looking at my closet and noticed that everything I have kept from Stitch Fix, I am still wearing. That's a good sign. Trust me, I don't have a whole lot of extra money to spend on clothes so I only buy what I love and know will be timeless.

One more thing, I always wash my face before I go to bed and love this product line.

Comments

Popular Posts