they say it's the weekend


Week seven working from home is complete. I would benefit from a more ergonomic chair and a monitor but otherwise, we are hanging in there.  This last week found me helping coordinate temperature screenings.  Who knew it would come to all of this?  I remember a meeting early on in which our company medical director said something along the lines as she didn't know what to expect, we've never seen anything like this. That's the truth, my own parents say they never have seen anything like this before.


I still am mostly home. It's best for me. Seeing everyone wearing masks is hard. Yesterday I got a cleaning bug, the good kind. Like move the couches and vacuum, clean the kitchen drawers and mop too. And while I would have loved to rearrange furniture, I have come to the conclusion that the current layout just works.  I did move the espresso machine to a more logical place. So, there. I redecorated too.


Speaking of coffee, a lot is bring consumed around here.  The girls love their iced coffees while Josh and I drink Americanos like they are going out of style.  I have treated myself to an iced coffee a few afternoons. But then my sleep becomes disrupted and I have to tell myself not to do that again.  Live and learn.  

Otherwise, it is the weekend.  The day started off rather gloomy but now the sun is making a nice appearance for the afternoon.  While the weekends are still spent at home, they are different with not having to work and I like that change of pace. 


There was a day this week that I was near tears feeling like I just couldn't do this anymore. The next day I woke up, and did life all over again. I do want life to return back to normal but not completely.  My hope is that some aspects of new normal will become normal and we will be better for it. We, the planet, the collective us, society.

I am happy at home but I am also happy to get out and explore the world. I am happy to write here on my little blog and take pictures but no longer feel the steady draw to my phone.  I notice more now and find joy in small things yet I also enjoy being awed by the big things. I look forward to getting out as I please. Keeping it real, I look forward to getting back to the gym and going out for coffee too.  

This experience is life changing. I want to change as result of it too. I know for one, I want to stop rushing and constantly doing. I already mentioned, I barely look at a calendar anymore. Instead, I am living in the moment like I have never done before.  The days do look a lot a like right now, but there is joy found in all of them.

Maybe how I see myself changing is not really changing at all. Maybe instead, it's being unapologetically me.  Being me is not being busy. Being me is not feeling stressed. Being me is not getting caught up in things that don't matter. I've learned lately, a lot of things do not matter.

My desire is to to live more lightly and easy; sweetly and gently. And when I am not consistent, Yo not be so hard on myself.

On this note, the sun is shining and I am going to allow myself that iced coffee. After all, it's the weekend.     

Comments

Popular Posts