go:

018 023 033 027 045 041 040 022 049 052 043

I went for my hike in the woods. Alone unless you count the dog.
We hit the trail head at 8am. Plenty light out and not raining.
I guess I was the only one who thought to take advantage of the extra hour.
My van was the only one in the parking lot.

I told my mom I would be fine. Lots of people hike this trail.
Not today though for what seemed like hours.
Husband texted - be safe.  I responded - it's a bit sketchy.
The quiet unnerved me.  Me who loves it.

I kept going.  At one point - I prayed.
Maybe that is exactly what I needed.
All the noise to cease.
Prayer hasn't come easily to me lately.

Anyways, finally I saw another person - male.
Then a german sheperd and it's owner - another male.
Neither made me nervous.
Before long, another solo female and then streams of others.
Suddenly, I was just fine.

I'm glad I went.
I know I need to be a bit more prepared - hiking wise.
And, I stopped for that coffee.
Grande Non-fat vanilla latte.

Comments

  1. I actually like the way the fogged up lens made the pictures look soft. It looks like you have some beautiful places to hike near where you live. I need to get out and go for a hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny you said you weren't pleased with the photos. I loved the evocative mood of your photography in this post. I could feel the way the pacific northwest woods feel this time of year. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee - this means a lot to me. I decided to remove my disclaimer :) The more I look at the pictures, the more I do like them. And, based upon the elements - I captured my surroundings just right!!

      Delete
  3. The foggy lens was perfect for these photos. I could almost feel the dampness in the air. Love, love, love those moss covered trees.

    My feeling go back and forth when I am alone with my dog (Neko) in the woods. I enjoy the serenity of it, but then sometimes my thoughts get the better of me. I wonder what if I hurt myself, how long would it be before someone found me. Or worse what if I ran into someone who wanted to harm me. Every dropped acorn or rustling of leaves by squirrels makes me alert. My husband constantly reminds that Neko would never let anyone harm me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, my husband said the same thing! Of course, it would break my heart if something ever happened to her though - right?

    We should just go hiking together - with the dogs of course!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts