go: the new years eve day hike
I have to go back to work tomorrow (for one day). The last two weeks have been so wonderful. Tallie and I went back through the days last night realizing that we kept pretty busy. I wouldn't say it was a slow holiday. I wouldn't expect that either with almost 3 teenagers. It was just right.
Our hike went really well. Tori and I woke up yesterday morning with a start of a cold. I so didn't want to disappoint anyone (including myself) by not going. Tallie needed to take two rolls of film for her photography class and her friend has spent the night in order to go with us. So we went just a bit later and a bit slower than planned. We made it and it was SO worth it. My hiking book describes this hike as the one with the best views nearest to Seattle. What a beautiful day we got out of it too.
Beautiful! Looks like a fantastic hike and a fun day!
ReplyDeleteYou are so brave...I am such a chicken. As I am looking at your photos I'm thinking, "What if a storm blows in?" I'm thinking of being stranded! Must be my state of mind as of late...gotta get over this! lol
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year...and I hope you feel better SOON. xo
no worries - we had checked the forecast ahead of time and were prepared.
DeleteYou are wowing me with your photos. The scenery is giving my beautiful state some competition.
ReplyDeleteWow, such gorgeous pictures! Happy New Year to you Denise. :) Where was this? I'd love to know some good places to go hiking.
ReplyDeleteDawn - Rattlesnake Ridge just off the North Bend exit. It is a GREAT hike!!
ReplyDeleteyou know i love this :)
ReplyDeletethat's it...i am officially saving my pennies to come visit you! there will be hiking, and there will be coffee (but not lattes) :)
wow, you live in such a beautiful place. these pics are so good.
ReplyDelete