be:

Untitled

I finished reading Wild yesterday sitting at Les Schwab.  I may have also bought two new tires and watched a few episodes of Ina and Giada too.  I didn't have an appointment so I had the pleasure of waiting as I had no choice.

Back to Wild. *Spoiler Alert*

I really enjoyed this book.  The ending was a bit anticlimactic though. I expected a bit more. Nevertheless, I really recommend it. Especially if you like to hike. And, you know doing something like hiking the PCT is totally something I would do if I could.  Maybe not alone though.  She goes days at times without seeing another soul.

There was a line in the book that really hit me. It was actually Cheryl's mom that said it. Cheryl is the hiker.

"I never got to be in the driver's seat of my own life," she'd wept to me once, in the days after she learned she was going to die. "I always did what someone else wanted me to do.  I've always been someone's daughter or mother or wife. I've never just been me."

Honestly, I don't know why that hit me so hard but it did.  I had to stop reading for awhile to let those words sink in. Maybe because I can relate.

However, it's not too late to change that fate. And, I plan too. Life is just so much fun.  I don't have any plans to hike the PCT anytime soon. At least not yet. I do like me an adventure.

p.s. the shirt I am wearing is from Stitch Fix. I rather like it. It's perfect for Friday afternoon at home.

Comments

  1. That is a great pic of you. You look beautiful. Believe that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all...you look really pretty, your hair is darling. Secondly...that quote is really getting to me, too. Something to think about today...as I do my VERY LONG to do list. Thankfully there are a few "to do's" just for me...choose some plants for along the back fence and make a stop at ULTA to spend my gift certificate. Have a good day beautiful...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much - my hair is just pulled back is all :)

    I hope you enjoy your day...anything with plants sounds like a good day!
    What is ULTA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well hello there, pretty girl! LOVE the shirt. unfortunately, I can relate to that quote...wish someone had told me, hey kid, if you have a serious independent streak, perhaps marrying really young is not the best option...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you say...

      high school
      college
      full time job
      marriage
      kids

      yeah, that is pretty much sums it up!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts