grow and make:
I asked the neighbor girl what her favorite day of the week is. She quickly replied Wednesday. I questioned why not a weekend day - she answered Wednesday because the hardest two days of the week are over. Isn't that the truth? We are on the downward now to the weekend and the forecast here says it is going to be amazing.
The garden is finally ready for planting thanks to husband and a rototiller. I made a list of what I am planting. No carrots this year. Tree huggers we are (and valuers of privacy) we are leaning towards a shade garden and using various pots and such in sunny areas throughout the yard. Of course this means the chickens will not quite be free rangers but that wonderful hubbie is working on now some type of chicken tractor.
I gave into some non-local tomatoes. They are never the same. I long to bite into a fresh one sprinkled with some sea salt on top of buttered toast. Cucumbers too. Fresh lettuce. All of it. I can't wait to grow.
On a totally different subject - do you watch Call the Midwife? I'm an episode behind but the girls and I watched it last night. Everything about the show is just so wonderful. The episode we watched last night is probably my favorite. I certainly could watch all of them over and over.
Anyways, I have waffles prepped for the kids. They just have to add the milk and butter in the morning.

I am addicted to Call the Midwife. It came along just after my other fave Doc Martin ended. If you haven't watched Doc Martin... oh you must! Happy Thursday!
ReplyDeleteYour dinner looks delicious..
ReplyDeletechicken tractor?! :) I still say thurs. is my favorite day since I lump Wednesday in with the tough ones...
ReplyDelete