go:
I honestly don't tell my kids "no" all that often. I'm lenient not indulgent. There is a big difference. Never mind though that two out of three have iphones. Both got them on their birthdays just like me. I don't remember being told no all that often either. Well, I think I turned out just fine.
See Josh has been asking every night this week if we could take the small boat out on Clark Lake. The small boat that my husband bought from a friend for $100.00. The boat that I thought would never get used and would just take up space on the sports court. Ideally, Josh would have loved to take a canoe out or kayaks. There was talk of a used canoe for my mother's day present. I would have enjoyed that gift but really, it's not in the cards for us right now.
But, we have this boat that fits three people or 354 pounds. So last night we (because husband had to help us load it and secure it into the truck) said yes to taking it out on the specific lake that Josh requested. Tallie, Josh and me made up that three. I think we were under the weight limit too.
As it shows, the evening was beyond perfect for photos. These are the things you say yes too.

NO is overrated! :) and is that lemon water in a mason jar?! your family is living my dream. what gorgeous light for the photos, wow...
ReplyDeleteI too am a mom who loves to say yes. These pictures are beautiful. I'm so glad that you had such a great time with the new boat.
ReplyDeleteDenise these are incredible. Holy COW! Your children are going to cherish these pictures. I know I would.
ReplyDeletethank you McKenzie - everything was just right for these pictures - the light, the water - golden hour too!!
Delete