grow:
This garden - it's a good one. It's not me though, it's the weather. So much more sunshine this summer. It may be one of the sunniest summers I can remember. Then there is the watering system - twice a day for 15 minutes. It's not a hard water more like a mist. Of course, it has rained here all today.
Pretty much everyday - we eat something from the garden such as lettuce, cilantro and even a few tomatoes. There has been plenty of zucchini and cucumbers too. Celery is still growing as are about seven butternut squashes. I am keeping a close eye on them. Basil too...lots and lots of basil. I need to check my beets. I planted kale last week. There are few other things I want to get into the dirt this weekend like garlic. It's time I give that a try. Otherwise, more herbs, spinach and lettuce.
I still want a green house but really I go back and forth between that or taking up the rest of our yard for raised beds. There are so many more things I want to grow and really just more of everything. We'll see. For now, I'm just really grateful for all that grew so well this summer.

I've often complained about the lack of sunlight in my back yard, as an excuse not to garden. But raised beds in the front yard might work quite well. You've got me thinking....
ReplyDelete