go:

20130831-055 20130831-063 20130831-066 20130831-067 20130831-069 20130831-071 20130831-077 20130831-086 20130831-075 20130901-088 20130901-090 20130901-089 20130901-091 20130901-093

I'm hiking tomorrow so I thought I should post my last hike before I go. When I got into hiking (which has really only been about a year ago) I was always all about the elevation. I think I wrote about that here. I had a choice in this hike - more elevation alone or relatively no gain and lakes with the friends I went with. Pretty sure my pictures speak to which one I choose.

Alpine likes have this certain quality about them. Crystal clear and clean. One of these days I'm going to pack a suit or wear one underneath. Better yet...there is always skinny dipping. Probably would not have done that on this hike though. I went with people I hardly knew. Friends that I met out on the trail and well, long story short - one of their husband's is a member at where I work. So yeah, it's a big world but a small one too.  There were four in our group and Brooklyn.

We hiked about 10 miles and took a pretty long break for lunch. I couldn't help but notice some really good spots for camping overnight. That is what is next for me before heading out anytime soon on the Wonderland Trail. 

And before I head out for approximately two weeks, I better prep the family.  I had text and voice mails galore once I got back into cell service. Turns out they were concerned and one of them may have asked what was for dinner.

I know where I am needed and that is fine as long as I get my time in the mountains here and there.

Comments

  1. I am cracking up about the dinner part...of course!! lol Looks like an amazing hike...you are one brave mama. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, these pictures are stunning! I feel a little like I got to go along on your hike, without doing the work. ;) Thank you for sharing these.
    Did you hear that a movie is being made about that hiking book called Wild?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could sell those photos my friend! Glad you have been able to get out and about!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts