grow:
In other areas I am pretty sure a sunny afternoon goes mostly unnoticed. I will never forget when visiting my cousin in Arizona several years ago that she never took her morning coffee outside just to sit and soak up the sunshine. Later I realized that a sunny morning was the norm in her parts nothing to get excited about.
A sunny morning or a sunny afternoon gets me way super excited. We see sunshine a little (okay, much) differently around here. We practically worship it when it comes out. Everywhere you go, there's a mention to the gorgeous weather.
I walked through the garden dreaming of late July when not much dirt is showing because it is covered in a sea of green (on a good year). I see the lower yard becoming a series of raised beds. I envision flowers and hear chickens. I smell fresh cut grass. I hope to set up a scene on the deck that looks something like this.
Sometime during the night, the clouds rolled in. This afternoon is going to look completely different than yesterday did. I remind myself that it is February and this is to be expected.

Ohh,that is what I hate most about living here...the houses are so close so I have no sunlight in the front of my house and when the sun is shining brightly it's blocked by my neighbor's house behind me that is almost at my back door....I miss seeing grass and sun and birds so much in my yards where we lived previously. :( We also don't have many windows in our new house so it's almost always dark and dreary. :(
ReplyDeleteWasn't that the most beautiful afternoon?! You're right. We don't take the sun for granted around here. I love your photos. Are those tulips poking out of the ground?
ReplyDelete