be:
I'm getting old or rather I'm not who I once was. I'm not into the latest fashion or hairstyle. I am getting to where I don't even like loud music or the sound of the TV at times. I'm wearing handmade clothes. I dream of flower beds and vegetable gardens. I still haven't accepted the grays but I think I am getting closer. After all I am not that old mind you.
My friend Maia from julia warr on Vimeo.
I've spent time this week flipping through the pages of Tasha Tudor books both from the library but that one day will grace my shelf. I even read on the StepMill yesterday at work. That in itself is kinda funny. I hardly doubt Tasha ever needed to exercise. I have no plans of running around in 1830's attire. The thought of running around barefoot in the backyard though is something I am totally into doing.
I can't help but admire Jane Goodall too. I'll never forget reading about a certain farmer in her book Harvest for Hope. I then met that same farmer at a Farmers Market later that week. We were near his farm last weekend. Tallie probably ate their beef as it is served where we stopped for lunch. That girl loves her hamburgers. Look at Jane here - absolutely beautiful.
Maia up above. I love her. I have no idea who she is but I can't help to aspire to be just like her someday. I could replay that video over and over again and never grow tired of it. I picture myself on my deck starting my day like she does. It seems she is doing a bit more pilates than yoga but that's okay. And, that comfortable seat by the window - yes, please. The music that is playing in the video - it's perfect so calming. I need to listen to music like this more often.
Simplicity, Work and Enjoyment. Thank you ladies for your examples of life well-lived.
My friend Maia from julia warr on Vimeo.
I've spent time this week flipping through the pages of Tasha Tudor books both from the library but that one day will grace my shelf. I even read on the StepMill yesterday at work. That in itself is kinda funny. I hardly doubt Tasha ever needed to exercise. I have no plans of running around in 1830's attire. The thought of running around barefoot in the backyard though is something I am totally into doing.
I can't help but admire Jane Goodall too. I'll never forget reading about a certain farmer in her book Harvest for Hope. I then met that same farmer at a Farmers Market later that week. We were near his farm last weekend. Tallie probably ate their beef as it is served where we stopped for lunch. That girl loves her hamburgers. Look at Jane here - absolutely beautiful.
Maia up above. I love her. I have no idea who she is but I can't help to aspire to be just like her someday. I could replay that video over and over again and never grow tired of it. I picture myself on my deck starting my day like she does. It seems she is doing a bit more pilates than yoga but that's okay. And, that comfortable seat by the window - yes, please. The music that is playing in the video - it's perfect so calming. I need to listen to music like this more often.
Simplicity, Work and Enjoyment. Thank you ladies for your examples of life well-lived.


Hmmmmm. I need to check this out.
ReplyDeleteMaia makes me cry every time...
ReplyDeleteSimplicity, work, enjoyment --- three good words.
ReplyDeleteWow, 95! I loved that video, and I loved her house. These are all such inspiring women.
ReplyDelete