make and grow:




It took me a while to get going today. Once I did I was glad. It wasn't a record setting day as far as the weather was concerned but I got outside regardless. I've figured out a new walk - it's 1/2 in the woods and 1/2 on the road.  Perfect. These crocuses are right at our front door. A sure sign that the seasons are changing.


I ordered 150 tulips for the anniversary party. This miniature rose plant wanted to come home with me today. I couldn't resist - just $2.99. The pot itself is worth that. I'll plant it outside after it blooms. Since it wasn't raining I decided to re-plant a few indoor houseplants. Two plants turned into five just like that.


One week until baby chicks arrive. Here is the remodeled coop.  I know it doesn't look so pretty right now but it will once I get some plants established around it. The outside coop is doubled both in length and height. It could easily be a dog run but we would never do that. We are planning on 12 chickens this time around.  Tori wants a wide assortment. She accidently locked herself in the coop today.  Lucky for her, I was outside. However, I could totally see that happening to me too. Pretty sure hubbie will have to install an inside latch just in case.


Comments

  1. That's a huge coop! I love you are getting more ladies! And those flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12?! Wow! I thought you were done with chickens? I almost was...but once we remodeled our coop area and gave them more "run" area it got better. Now I let them free-range once a week or so and it's a LOT less messy. Your new coop looks amazing...can't wait to see your new chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are SO beautiful!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss THIS??? LOVE the coop. Gosh, mine was such a mess. NEED to be able to stand up IN IT next time. Looks great. Can't wait to meet the ladies. I miss mine, but my mom doesn't : ))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new ladies should be very happy in their remodeled home.

    I feel like we are so far from crocus season. (as the snow falls)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so great! Today must be the day for baby chick arrival!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts