go: Mt. Rainier



Tori saw me getting started on this post last night.  She thought it a little strange that I was posting pictures from an adventure that took place a few weeks back.  I still have pictures to post from our weekend camping trip too.  I can't keep up it seems right now.


I learned something about myself this summer. I've changed.  I really love an adventure.  I want to start camping again too.  That sign above that says "Wonderland Trail" - I want to hike it. It goes around Mt. Rainier. My co-worker was supposed to be hiking it this week had he not tweaked his knee wake boarding last week.  Hiking it can take up to 10 days depending on how many miles you do each day. Some say it is actually harder than summiting the mountain itself.

Trust me...I still live for all things home and I'm looking forward to rainy days and  fall. I've started a new sewing project and finished knitting my cowl.  Maybe it's just where I live and how we live here. We take advantage of the nice days and everything the PNW has to offer.

And, those farm dreams...I don't have them anymore. Having chickens and a dog is enough.

I have this new dream...a weekend lake house in the woods.


Comments

  1. Dreams grow.. Wish we were closer because I'd grab my pack and we could hike the trail. I have a wanderlust for the trail that my husband doesn't always share... ~xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS ~ If you are interested in a few trail / woods reads:

    Woodswoman ~ Ann LaBastile (All time fave)
    A Walk in the Woods ~ Bill Bryson (classic)
    Wild ~ Cheryl Strayed (starts sad, but a good read)
    The Last Season ~ Eric Blehm (back country ranger read)
    Ranger Confidential ~ Andrea Lankford (couldn't put it down)
    Into the Wild ~ Jon Krakauer (another classic)
    Siesta Lane~ Amy Minato (..cabin love..)

    Ok.. Now I want to go read them all again...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you!! Perfect for the rainy days ahead!

      Delete
  3. Isn't if funny how things can change with time? I have lived long enough now that things that I used to do and enjoy and see no way of ever stopping...well I am glad they have...which leaves lots of room for new things!

    Love that path in Wonderland Trail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my farm dreams have passed, too...self-sufficiency is romantic...and a lot of hard work!! I will be content with a garden each summer...maybe a few winter veggies now and then and peaceful days. And yes...a cabin on the lake someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. big YEP to this comment. Could not agree more!

      Delete
  5. I love seeing the pictures you take...so beautiful. It sounds like you have really enjoyed your summer and all the adventures you have been on. Each time you post something about hiking, it makes me want to try it. However, I have a hard time convincing anyone in my family to join me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should check out some hiking groups - REI has them and there is Mountaineers too. Oh, and meet-up. I go alone too with the dog. You could start with hikes closer to home. On a Saturday and a hike closer in - you actually will be far from alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read "Woodswoman" this summer and loved it. I immediately went outside and moved some logs around and stuff to make convince myself that I, too, am that strong and brave. :) Totally made me want to have a cabin on a lake and no other garden/animal responsibilities.

    Love this post! And your photos...wowzers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts