go: Rattlesnake Lake Hike
The girls and I went on an impromptu hike the day after Christmas. We even got a really late start. It's one I have been on several times but that didn't bother me though, I just wanted to get outside. We hiked up in just over an hour and ran down in 27 minutes. The running down part was actually fun. I could see myself trail running more often. This day was the most spectacular weather wise. Otherwise we have had lots of foggy mornings. You might see people on a look out. That is the main lookout or top of this trail. This time I encouraged the girls to go a bit farther and higher to get above that look out. We had our look out spot all to ourselves making the extra climb worthwhile. These are iphone photos and I posted a quote with their picture from Albert Einstein. It seemed so fitting. And, that's me with my new film camera. A Christmas present from Josh.
The woman who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.
The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been - Albert Einstein.
Ok so I just need to move to where you are bc it's stunning up there! You should sell your photos, they are amazing!
ReplyDeletethank you - really though, it's where I live. On a sunny day, this place is amazing!
DeleteWhat beautiful pictures! I love the quote, and it seems so perfect for you.
ReplyDeletethank you Dawn! Happy New Year!
DeleteI love that you are constantly going and taking your kids on amazing hikes...how wonderful to live close by to so many beautiful places.
ReplyDeletehmmmm, well they don't necessarily "love" to go hiking constantly so I balance out the hiking with shopping for them !
Deletegive and take - right :)
I like that quote!
ReplyDelete