grow: this week in my garden



I am going to give this a try...a weekly series!

Mondays are my favorite week day. I know that is somewhat crazy.  Does it help that Fridays are not close behind? On Mondays I get to come home and stay home. It's not my night to drive anywhere. This Monday allowed for a few minutes at the nursery down the street and I had a little "blow" money left over from the weekend.

I  got to thinking about my "blow" money and how I could stretch it a little further so that I might be able to make even more Monday visits which are much nicer than the weekend visits by the way so many less people.

So, I can give up my daily americano - that was easy. I did the math and decided I'd rather spend that money in plants than coffee. Right now, I'm working on a kitchen herb area close to our back door. I picked up lavender, rosemary and some grasses on this visit. Everything else I have planted so far this year has been perennials that I hope will fill in the space.

We get a lot of enjoyment from our backyard. My husband has been working on re-doing our lower yard. I have a stepping stone path to my vegetable garden now! There is a lot of work to be done there but one week at a time.

Comments

  1. Always glad when you blog:-) We are in the season of spring rains here in Pa. It will be a bit before I can get anything into the ground.Can't wait to see the progress :-) I love Mondays too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your garden time! Looks so lovely! It is pouring rain today. Was out looking at things and gosh.. it is such a wreck after this winter.. so much to do. Raspberry pruning this weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have planted exactly nothing. The weather has been so crazy,that our plants, trees, and bushed have bloomed, frozen, re bloomed, and frozen off again. Very unusual for us. We are going to give it about 2 more weeks then get our veggies in the ground.
    Your photos = awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts