grow: this week in my garden



Not much has happened this week in the garden. The weather has turned making for less than pleasant gardening. I guess that might make me a slightly fair-weathered gardener. I walk the dog in the rain so I must not be all that bad of a person.

I have my seed order ready to go. I'm only ordering what I know we will eat so I am sticking with kale, lettuce, cucumbers, lettuce, spinach, carrots, beets, pole beans, peas, scallions, basil and cilantro. I am also ordering 25 strawberries plants and 3 blueberry plants.  Lastly, Echinacea, sunflower and zinnia seeds.  I'm ordering all from a company in Oregon. My thought is that because they are in the PNW they know what will grow best in the PNW. I'll add tomatoes a bit later.

I have this desire to do more with herbs that book my mom picked up from me years ago. I think it is a classic. Plenty of my herbs are back in the front yard - thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano and lavender.  Lavender is my favorite.  I've been procrastinating in planting my Dahlias. I love them too. On a good note, our backyard grass is growing. Everything is so green here. It really is a lovely time of year.

Comments

  1. It all sounds wonderful!
    We're still weeks from being able to plant in the open out here.
    I have ever so many herb books and I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovley!!!!
    We have planted nothing. For us, this year has been a crazy mix of cold and rainy. Its too wet to till, so we have not planted a single thing other than flowers. Hopefully next weekend we will get out there. We will be a few weeks late, but I think we can get some good things growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much stuff you grow! beautiful. and ooh..herbs...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts