grow: this week in my garden


My husband took me to a new nursery last Sunday. We had an early soccer game with an hour between drop off and game time. I was fine with just going to Starbucks. I wasn't feeling well and had my knitting. However, I never would turn down an opportunity to wander through a nursery especially this one as it had a really nice selection of plants - indoor plants too!

So Monday was nice and I was outside all afternoon.  Remember Monday afternoons are my favorite. Mainly I transplanted some indoor plants and then planted what I had bought on Sunday.

So what I added to the mix this week:
1) the indoor plant above in the tin planter.
2) a African Violet - I have been looking for a healthy one for quite a while
3) two Lupines
4) a camomile plant
5) a mint plant

The African Violet is particularly special. My grandma and my mom has always had a collection. I am not really one for collections but I think I could make some exceptions for them.

I may have bought this Sedum plant too because I find them fascinating. I am getting antsy to start planting veggies however, the nights are pretty chilly still. Another week or so I am thinking.

Comments

  1. I just got some plants today! except I let sharkey pick them out, so they're...interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts