It suddenly seems so cliche to be doing this. Technically yesterday was the first day of summer. While husband was painting I was trimming all the shrubs in the front yard. My fingers are so swollen this morning. You would think I had arthritis. Maybe I do have arthirits. Really though, I just need to drink more water. Lots of water.

Are you ready for this...we allowed two out of three to drive to San Francisco.  They left at around six last night. The oldest and youngest with one of the oldest's friends. As of this morning they are in Redding, California. The youngest was not intending to go until I suggested it. Sometimes I don't know who I am. It wasn't about getting rid of her although she did sulk on the couch all day complaining of nothing to do.  It was more about her going on an adventure and to be honest, this morning I was wishing I could have gone with them.

I must stay back though and earn the money (hubbie too).  However, that doesn't mean my summer is tarnished. I've got a few plans although closer to home.

So with no further ado, a summer manifesto:

eat lots of fruit :: eats lots of vegetables :: drink more water :: knit a sweater :: sew a new shirt :: read two books a month :: journal :: take mini adventures :: go to the beach :: stay home :: get up early :: hike :: unplug :: take lots of photos :: clean less :: buy very little :: go to bed on time :: take naps :: pray without ceasing :: trust

Comments

  1. Drive to San Francisco!!?? What an adventure! I barely let MY kids drive to SF and it's less than an hour away! lol It's good to give them freedom while they're still under our protection though...to help them navigate the world, and life.

    I like your manifesto...I'm thinking on one myself. But mine will say, "clean more". ;) And definitely drink more water...

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josh is navigating the world for sure - he just got back from New York City a week ago!

      Delete
  2. It will be one of the best adventures of their lives! I remember some of my first of that kind. So freeing and amazing, and life changing in some ways. I love how simple and down to earth your summer manifesto is. I'm gonna think about mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for them! How long will they be gone?
    And love your summer plans! I'm going to make them my own!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts