coming home
It is the most perfect January Monday afternoon. The snow that was predicted all weekend is finally falling here. I've been to work and we've walked the dogs. I am home on so many levels.
The hard stuff of last year didn't always bring out the best in me. By the end of year I was definitely homesick. Embarrassed. Lost. It is hard to understand when coupled with joyous emotions too.
I’m slowly coming back home. Feeling more like myself again. Comfortable in my skin. wanting less to be about me and instead more about others especially my new husband and kids. Also, give me all the fiction, endless cups of coffee and tea, moments of nothing too.
This year, more silence and less noise. More people and less screens. More knowing and less doubting. More listening and less talking. More grace and less pressure. More perfect Monday afternoons and less just getting through the days. Not necessarily a new way of being but rather a coming home.

Comments
Post a Comment