grow:
Beautiful sunshine on a Friday found me at the local nursery just down the street. I filled a wagon in no time with flowers and herbs for the backyard specifically for around the chicken coop. Fridays will be my only day off during the week now. It's strange. I really had no intentions of working an additional day but after day one at the new gigs, my head and heart knew is the right thing to do. I also had no intentions of ever working at the company I left in 2009 again either. I left thinking that I got this - I can do my own thing.
When I first went back to work - it was if I failed like a dog with it's tail in between its legs. It took me a good year to get over that and it's a good thing I did. It held me back. Not to mention my attitude was less than.
Earlier today I felt a little anxiety. Honestly, Sundays have never been my most favorite day of the week. I don't like the end of good things - home, family and togetherness. I'm working on reducing that anxiety by doing things like early EASY Sunday dinners, early clean-up and early to bed. My alarm will go off at 3:45 am this week.
Truly, I am so grateful. I get to work more and my work is really exciting right now. Things are happening there that I would not have dreamed of years ago.
Pretty sure that this pretty much sums up what I am trying to say -
"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting us".
- Joseph Campbell.

Sounds like life is good at your place, too. I am excited for your new job and hours...three days off is still really good. Can you believe next year I will be working 35 hours per week? It will definitely be an adjustment...but I'm read7. xo
ReplyDeleteSounds like good things are happening at work! So happy for you. I get anxious too o. Sundays. I need ease and low key too.
ReplyDeleteLove the quote! Good luck and congrats. Used to get up at 0430 for my old job and thought that was early. !!.
ReplyDeletelooove that quote. so what I need to hear right now! I am so excited for you that you are enjoying your work!
ReplyDelete