grow: this week in my garden
A lot seems to be happening in the garden this week. We've had plenty of rain so that doesn't surprise me. I'm really eager for this week as sunshine and warm temperatures are in the forecast plus, my sweet little social media break. I'm envisioning a garden planted, a book read and maybe a sleeve finished on my sweater.
Let's see - our lilac bush is on the side of the house. I made two bouquets last evening - one for me and one for my mom. Yesterday I prepped the garden itself for planting. I am trying a new to me technique this year. In a sense, I have created raised beds with the dirt. The concept is better for drainage and warming the soil. I am curious as to how this method of gardening will turn out. I have high hopes and lots of seeds.
I added two blueberries bushes and eight strawberry plants. I have been craving fresh berries so much this spring. Eventually I will need to put some netting over that section. Sorry birds, these berries are for me!
The herbs are really growing. Tonight I went out for thyme and rosemary. And, those microgreens went crazy after all that rain. I've been putting them on just about everything.
Lastly, the rose pictured above. It was a plant in the clearance at the grocery store. I think it was $1.99. It is covered in blooms and it is the most lovely of colors especially against the blue of our home.
After being in the city today (and around too many people) I realized how much I love our little homestead. This morning as I left for my run...I noticed the neighborhood was so quiet. I did my yoga outside facing the sun after and while we were in the city, my husband hung the lights just how I wanted them.
This all said, it is time for me to get into bed. It is just so hard to go to bed early this time of year.

I'm beside myself over those lilacs...I LOVE lilacs. Noni had a lilac tree on the side of her house...it was beautiful and scented the whole yard. I really need to plant a lilac, too...
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love those lilacs! I don't think they grow well in CA :( We have started sprucing up our little garden too. Lovely photos!
ReplyDeleteWow so pretty. We still have planted nothing. Our weather has been so crazy that we just have not been able to yet this year.
ReplyDelete