this week in my garden




That hot weather we had sure did a number on my garden.  Everything is blossoming and producing. I know my garden isn't all that big and we most certainly couldn't survive on it's produce; however, I sure enjoy harvesting what I do.

My kale (oh my stars!) is probably the thing I am most pleased with so far. I had yet to have any luck with kale up to now. I've been told I can just let it stay put and use as needed. This morning it was for a green smoothie.

I typically nibble on the peas when I am out there. They are so sweet and not pictured are strawberries that I had a few of too. There is nothing like a fresh picked strawberry, tomato too.

Speaking of which my tomatoes are growing like crazy. The black ones above are heirlooms. There are a lot of blossoms on the heirlooms and the tomato plants gifted to me have blossoms but they don't look so hopeful...fingers crossed.

Not pictured too are zucchini and cucumber blossoms. I had thought the zucchini's were not going to make it.  I guess they have had a change of heart.

And, the queen jewel's have started to bloom.  I LOVE dahlias. So far they are all the same color but it's really whatever. I find them fascinating. Such a work of a creative God.

Comments

  1. Your garden looks WONDERFUL...everything looks healthy and lush. And those black tomatoes? They're beautiful! What variety are they? Do you recall? Gorgeous... And those dahlias? To die for...lovely...perfect... I really need to plant flowers next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts