grow:: end of August



The kids keep saying that summer is over. Going back to school has a way of curtailing it rather abruptly. I'd like to think we have a few more nice days left come September. This summer was the hottest I remember.

It is raining here this morning something beautiful. I can count on one hand the number of days it rained this summer. The rain today is needed - holiday weekend and all. Although, it's a teeny tiny bit harder to find my motivation to head out for a run. Thankfully Brooklyn is still sleeping on the couch.

I'm not sure I have any strong feelings about this summer like it was extraordinary or spectacular. I hesitate to compare one summer to another. Each one is going to be different depending on a variety of things. I guess I really feel that way now with my kids getting older and exploring much more on their own.

Almost twenty cucumbers now and not a single zuchinni. Now that is something extraordinary that I can't quite put my finger on as to why. And like I have mentioned, the greens beens are spectacular. They have just about taken over the garden. Trellis next year for sure. Second planting of kale, spinach and lettuce are popping out now of the dirt.

The rain is letting up now. The girls just left to work the pizza truck today. I've got a full day ahead in which it should be rather quiet. Time to make the best of it.

What are you doing today?

Comments

  1. I've always loved summer but I think they are getting harder. It's so hot here....over 100 right now and it's just miserable. Plus our yard is suffering and it's just so hard to keep it up.
    I'm learning that spring is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh, that is hot and still hot!
      I thinking the PNW should be in your future : )

      Delete
  2. Cooking, washing, preparing for the week. Your garden has done SO WELL!! I'm so envious of your cucumbers. If we were neighbors we could have come out even...trading cucumbers for zucchini. I still have three giant zucchini in my crisper drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a harder time with zucchini too, even though it's supposed to produce like crazy. "Be careful! You'll have it coming out of your ears!" seems a bit like a joke to me now. Your garden produce is beautiful Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOR.GEOUS. such great produce and beautiful pictures!! I wanna work on the pizza truck...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts