grow:: this week in my garden



I've yet to cut a single dahlia or zinnia to bring in the house. I enjoy them outside more it seems. The pop of color in the yard and garden make me happy. Dahlias have always been my favorite. There will be more of them come next summer. If only I could plant rows and rows. The zinnias are pretty too.

I'm still blown away that except for the tomatoes, I grew everything from seed. You can bet that I will be ordering from Territorial again. The peas, blueberries and strawberries are done for the year. I pulled out a row of cilantro that always flowers way too soon. In its and the peas place, I planted more kale, lettuce and spinach. I thought about trying peas again but it seems a little late.

My bean plants are reminiscent of a boy named Jack. The romaine after really grasping the fact that I have to thin it is growing nicely. Tori wanted a salad the other night so off to the garden she went. It really doesn't get any fresher than that.

Comments

  1. Nothing better than a salad fresh picked from the garden...one of my favorite things to grow is lettuce. Who knew it could taste so good?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts