welcome November
I felt a little excited Saturday morning when it really hit me that we were in a new month. It seemed that October got away from me. It's not that October got particulary busy rather it seemed that October got a little heavy. The recent news from my area wasn't something I could just turn on and off. I have three teenagers. This one hit really close to home.
This new month feels already a little bit better even just two days in. I have a strong desire to make my home a place of respite from the world. We've been slowly making over one of our rooms. I believe with the addition of a rug yesterday, it is finished and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I've also cleared a space for writing and reflecting. I think I will start my days there now with coffee instead of the kitchen.
Perhaps what I really want to create is a place of warmth. I want candles and lots of them. I want tea and lots of it too. I want to feel comfort and for those also in my home to be comfortable. While I like to be barefoot, this is the time of year for socks.
This concept extends beyond the physical. I hope this season will be filled with pleasant words. I notice of myself that I often speak more kind to the people I see at my work then the people that live in my home. My desire is to always be the same me no matter where I am...even online. My family doesn't always speak softly and Brooklyn tends to bark often so we'll do our best.
I'm not going to make any promises of posting here daily or anything however, I would like to pick up my camera a little more this month. The camera has a way of focusing on the good things in life. These little things are the things I need right now...reminders.

the recent news is heavy on my heart too. sigh. I love the space you are creating! so pretty, please let me come over! ;) and of course, we are also re-doing one of our rooms - bye bye lego room, hello chill-out den! miss you!!
ReplyDeleteyes, y'all have had a really hard month. I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI love that room by the way, it looks great! I may just invite myself over and we can have a nice long chat!
Such a beautiful post...you are speaking my heart. Especially the part about how I speak to people at work vs. those in my own home. That hit home for me a while back...quite a revelation. I try to be more mindful...
ReplyDeleteAnd the camera...how it has a way of capturing the good things. What a true and beautiful statement...I need to pick up my camera more, too.
Love to you my friend...xo
ps...your new spaces are lovely and welcoming...like you. ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful post. Your new space looks like a lovely place to sit and sip something warm in the upcoming cold and dark days.
ReplyDelete