be: me at home



Part of my manifesto is to be content with days at home. Today is one of those days that I am. I'd love it if would last forever. I really do love being home especially on days with little to no schedule. I like being able to do things if and when I want to rather than feeling pressured.

I don't like to sleep in even on the weekends.  For one, it really messes up my body rhythm. I am a morning person. Staying up for fire works is even hard for me. I like coffee right away on the weekends and on work days, after I am all ready. I am not one for much conversation upon waking. I read my Bible and journal before anything else (like checking email, blogs, what have you) even on my work days. I leave for work at 4:40 am and on the weekends I am usually out with Brooklyn before 8:00am. I am a creature of habit.

Afternoons and evenings go by so quickly. I've mentioned probably a thousand times before that my preference is just to be home after work. I don't do well with "running around" so I"m so thankful for a bit of a break from that with Tallie driving. Dinners are simple sadly, not with all of us together though. That is something that bugs me yet I don't see changing.

I gave up on the Fly Lady. My mom says I deserve a house cleaner. The thought is nice but I would rather spend the money elsewhere (adventures!). I still have high standards for tidiness and cleanliness just ask my kids. I don't do clutter.

I do house plants and lots of them. I water every Friday. I'd like to think I have a green thumb really though I think it is all about the proper placement. Other than my plants and photos, there is nothing in my home that I couldn't part with. We need a new couch but not from Ikea. Finding the right couch when it is time will be a challenge. I'm thinking it will be a chair and a couch vs. this huge sectional we have now. (no pillow backs either for sure!)

I go to bed early by choice. I find there is never anything on TV that I want to watch. (exception: Downton Abby and Call the Mid Wife). I read instead or most nights just quickly fall asleep. I struggle falling asleep when Tallie isn't home vs. Josh. I find that interesting. She thinks it is annoying.

That's my home life. I am really quite boring probably. I like me regardless.

Comments

  1. So many parallels ~ sooo not into conversation upon waking.. running around=no thanks...Cancelled the cable and just started watching Call the Midwife on Netflix now and again.. Do. Not. Miss. the TV~ NO time. Would rather knit, weave, dye, be OUTSIDE. Having coffee at the computer with my eyes glued together.. Have a great day Denise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not boring...content. And I am a lot the same way...early riser, even on weekends. I want the most day possible. If I sleep in I feel I've wasted half the day. And I have to have coffee right away...even on work days, although I do shower, get dressed and put on mascara (the extent of my "makeup routine") first. Then I sip coffee, read email, blogs, etc. I need to get back into the practice of reading the Word and journaling a bit...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you, too!
    Have a great Tuesday, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not boring lady--you are wonderful! I am like you, I can piddle around at home for days on end. I don't need to be out and about.
    I love my mornings too. I love to get sweaty first thing in the morning, because then, you have the rest of the day ahead of you. I love the quite of the mornings. I love that when I wake up the moon is out, the neighborhood is quite, and no one on the street is out. The space is mine.
    My power time is 5:00AM-11:00AM. I just feel good, alive and productive. About lunch time, I start slowing down. And I hate the afternoons. 2pm-6:00pm are my least favorite hours of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing about your life! We should go couch shopping together! !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts