make: my go-to smoothie
I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I eat for reasons beyond the fact that I am hungry. Mostly for me, it's when I am tired. I *think* that eating something will suddenly give me a boost of energy when what I really need is a nap.
I also just like something to eat when I get home from work. With my early hours, I eat lunch around 11am so really by 2pm - I'm due to eat again. This smoothie has been my saving grace. I often double or triple it because 2 out of 3 teenagers like it too. It makes me happy with they eat something healthy.
It's so easy:
1 cup milk of choice (almond for me)
1 large banana (sometimes two if they are small)
1 big scoop of almond or peanut butter
1 large handful of ice
and honey to taste.
I have a BlendTec blender which has paid for itself probably three times now with the amount of smoothies I have made. Pretty sure any blender would do the trick.
I told my naturopath about this smoothie and she thought it was perfect. I don't get hungry for quite awhile after having one. I'm starting to think about what my go-to thing will be when the weather changes. She suggested soup. I think that is a good idea.

I wish I liked bananas. And I wish I had a naturopath. ;)
ReplyDeleteYummy! I eat when I'm bored....bad bad bad habit!
ReplyDelete