be:: friends in real life





There is something I have not quite blogged about yet that has happened this summer. It's not that I intentionally haven't, it's been finding the timing and words.

I've been super lucky to have met a bloggie friend in person and have another bloggie (but really long time friend) move to the Seattle area. I'm here to tell you that blog friends ARE real friends. If anything, they are easier friends as they already know so much about you...and they still want to be friends.

My first bloggie friend met up was this awesome lady.  She chooses to stay relatively anonymous on her blog and I respect that so no pictures. Although, on her blog there is a picture of us together which is pretty funny. We met in Seattle, can I just tell you that her husband is SO nice! Driving (in traffic) to meet them I was thinking about how it would go and somewhat was eating some crow as I had recently told my mom that my sister needed to stop trying to meet new guys on the internet. Here I was meeting someone from the internet too! There were no butterflies in my tummy like I was nervous...I was simply going to meet a friend. We talked for hours. I convinced them to move here (eventually) of course. Acutally, it didn't take any convincing now that I think about it. On the way home I thought to myself that she is just so true and sure, I would be honored to spend more time with her if they did. It was such a good visit. Still warms my heart even today. (plus, it is 94 degrees out so I'm warm all over)

Then neighbor (I used to baby sit her!) turned bloggie friend moved to Seattle late July. We've been friends technically for-ever but now we get to hang out!! Her family is just the best ever...again her husband is SO nice! We spent last Saturday together (while my hubbie was in Cali biking the boardwalk which is what they used to do) taking light rail and a ferry to the lovely Bainbridge Island. We live far enough away that we won't be on each other's door step asking for something from the kitchen which is a good thing as I would probably want to hang at their house all the time.

Comments

  1. O you! THE BEST part of our trip was dinner with you! I love that out of all these blogs all over the world, we somehow stumbled upon each other. Thank you for your friendship over the years. You are who you are, and you inspire me, and totally make me want to move up to Seattle just so we can hang out ALL the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm here to tell you that blog friends ARE real friends. If anything, they are easier friends as they already know so much about you...and they still want to be friends." I LOVE this. SO true...so so true... I can't wait until we can meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEEEEASE come hang out at my house all the time!! ;) we are having so much fun with you guys and i LOVE that we live near each other again. and I love that a pic of pants made it onto your blog lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts