go:: National Night Out



Our neighborhood really surprised me the other night. We've tried doing the National Night Out thing before and just a handful of people show up. The neighbor pictured up there really out did himself this year...flyers, door to door, the whole shebang to get people out this year and it worked.



It was even filmed by our city and the police and fire deparement visited our gathering too. It was really something actually. The pizza truck is the neighbors ingenious idea. It is a family business venture in which they converted the fire truck to a wood fire pizza oven on wheels. It's good pizza! Tori has been helping them at some of their venues actually.



It was so hard for me to get to bed that night. I was so full. Not necessarily of pizza though, just feeling good about my neighborhood for a change. That is a good thing especially since we're pretty darn certain that this is home for quite a while.

Comments

  1. That looks so fun! Wow...love that pizza truck. What a great idea! I don't know that our neighborhood would do something like that...I suppose I could try, and the old fuddy duddy's just wouldn't have to come! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! work it, tori!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts