joy and peace (4) weekend edition

DSC_9000.jpg

I'm thinking it is going to be a pretty cozy weekend. It got started exactly 4 hours earlier today so I'm thrilled to have gone to the grocery store and am now snuggled in for the afternoon/evening. It's been awhile since I've had some extended quiet time alone at home. My mug is full of tea and it won't be the last mug full either. What feels especially nice about this weekend is that I really don't think there is anything real practical that I have to do! I'm working only two days next week then it's off to the cabin we go.

My holidays are starting to look different. Not everyone from my own little family will be at the table this year. Got to be honest, it made me a bit sad at first. What was going to be a big gathering is looking a little smaller now that we are closer to the actual day. However, we are looking forward to one of my favorite families being there and my grandnephew who I have only met once will be there too - all that makes me happy for sure!

I'm wrapping my mind around the next holiday. I bought Christmas fabric which is really not like me! I'd like to make some ornaments for the tree. The paperwhites need to get planted and perhaps I will dust off that Advent Plan from a few years ago.

Tonight calls for  pizza and salad. There may have been some wine that slipped into my cart at Trader Joe's too. The rain is coming down and the candles are lit. It would be fine with me if I stayed in until Monday morning.

Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family ~ xo, jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny - to your family as well!

      denise

      Delete
  2. That sounds like the perfect weekend. I hope it was!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts